Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just one more day . . .

Tomorrow is New Year's eve, then the next day we will begin The Daily Bible Challenge together! I'm very excited. We have a group of about 25 participating. All seem very committed and excited about doing this as well.

Just a couple quick notes about how to use this site. If you haven't already, you might want to browse the links along the left side of the site, particularly the strategies for success and how to comment, post, and get e-mail alerts.

Commenting on a post requires no special setup. However, you must be an author in order to post. If you don't see your name along the lower left of the blog it means you aren't set up as an author. Contact me and I can invite you. I think the easiest way to stay in the loop with discussion is to get e-mail alerts when people post or comment. I have set up most of you for this. You can either get the e-mails instantly as posts are made or in one summary at the end of the day. Let me know; I can change this setting for you at any time. If you have talked to me about getting e-mail and aren't, check your spam filter and make sure they're not getting blocked (if they are mark them as "not spam").

Happy New Year! We'll talk soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are all going to be sorry that I am part of this group! I share lots of stuff going on in my head--a scary place! So, here goes . . .

    In the beginning . . . was God. I was thinking about the First Article of the Apostles' Creed when I started reading this morning. God gave us everything we need to sustain us in life.

    I was also thinking about worship. On the seventh day God rested. Seven days after he started what we know as our world, our home, our boundaries -- he gave us a time to pause and praise him.

    Adam, Eve, and perfect creation. What must that have been like? Not to even notice that you are naked. Everything in its place and functioning as it should. People, animals, the world all behaving perfectly.

    For us sin has always been there. Disunity, conflict--with god, with others, and within ourselves--has always been there. But God did not create us and our world that way. I have blamed Adam and Eve many times for the troubles they have caused. But the reality is that even if I would have been there at that time, the temptation would have been too great for me too. Even back in perfect Eden, to be like God was a coveted asset. Unfortunately, Adam and Eve didn't realized how much they were already like God--crated in his perfect image.

    A Savior--but God, knowing there was no way humankind could save itself, already in Genesis 3:15 promises a Savior that would have a bruised heel, and would crush the head of the serpent, the devil.

    And so we start with a glimpse of the perfection we all seek through our Savior.

    God's blessings on our New Year in grace.

    ReplyDelete