Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Monday, March 5, 2012

Addressing a Fellow Christian's Sin

Matthew 18:15-17 is the go-to section of Scripture for an individual believer or a group of believers wondering how to address the sin of a fellow Christian. In today's reading I came across an applicable verse that I hadn't noticed before that also provides additional perspective: "Do not hate your brother in your heart. Rebuke your neighbor frankly so you will not share in his guilt" (Leviticus 19:17). Once again the main emphasis is to speak with the person directly. This verse also adds the idea that if you don't you could end up sharing in his or her guilt, either because you begin to hold a grudge or perhaps because you didn't take advantage of the opportunity to help this person repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment