Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Saturday, September 3, 2011
Egypt Today
Back on August 25th we read this prophecy from God against Egypt: "It will be the lowliest of kingdoms and will never again exalt itself above the other nations. I will make it so weak that it will never again rule over the nations" (Ezekiel 29:15). Today we read "Then I will let her waters settle and make her streams flow like oil" (Ezekiel 32:14). "Flow like oil" is saying the surface of the water will be undisturbed by any form of life. In other words, as the People's Bible says, Egypt will flow "through the annals of history with hardly a ripple." I think we can certainly say these prophecies have been and continue to be fulfilled. It's interesting that many nations were destroyed for good by the Babylonians, but God allowed the ancient superpower of Egypt to be restored, only this time permanently locked into a position far weaker than they had experienced in their earlier days of world history.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment