Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Job's Glorious Hope
Despite previous negativity in his talk of death even to the point where it sounded like Job might have believed that there was no afterlife, today we see in his words refreshed faith and glorious hope: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes--I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!" Job knows that through redemption by God he will in the end, after death, be resurrected to stand before God in his own body, his own skin, to see God with his own eyes. Thinking of it--Job's heart isn't the only one yearning!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment