Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Humble Leadership
"Now Moses was a humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth." I know that this Bible verse is sometimes criticized. (Since Moses most likely wrote the book of Numbers, is it really very humble of him to call himself humble?) Of course, those are God's words, breathed into Moses. And I think these words are good because they remind us that humility and leadership are not mutually exclusive, as we see so often in our sinful world. Another perfect example of humble leadership? Jesus!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I laugh every time I read that self-proclaimed "more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth" line--but of course the key to remember is it was true because God was having Moses write that (you have to wonder what Moses thought as he wrote it).
ReplyDeleteGood point, though, about Moses as a model of leadership (like Jesus). It's a good prayer for us as we serve: "Lord, make me a servant like Moses where my ego does not detract from the work you have given me to do."