Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Friday, February 4, 2011
Wave Offering
In Numbers 8:10-11 God tells Moses that the Levites are to be presented as a wave offering. Before this I pictured a wave offerings as holding the item in the air and waving it back and forth. Obviously that must not be the case here. The Kretzmann commentary makes it sounds like Aaron simply waved his hand over the Levites. Anyone know how the wave offering worked?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I really do think that the offering was actually waved. I was curious about it too, so looked it up and from what I read, it was actually waved in the air before being burnt on the altar. Of course, one never knows how accurate the sources chosen are.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt is also noteworthy that God used the wave offering to provide for the priests as they kept the part of the wave offering that was not burned up.
ReplyDelete