Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Friday, January 28, 2011

Blessed in What You Don't Receive

People tend to count their blessings by what is tangible: possessions, loved ones, etc. A section of today's reading points out that we also need to be conscious of and thank God for things we may not have at any given time, such as sickness and death. Exodus 23:25-26 certainly makes clear that God is intentional about these blessings as well: "Worship the LORD your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span."

No comments:

Post a Comment