I wanted to highlight a few things from yesterday's reading (tried to do it yesterday but was having technical difficulties...):
- Genesis 12:3 "all peoples on earth will be blessed through you" - a beautiful promise of the Savior through the nation (Jews) that would come from Abraham, a Savior who would be a blessings for all peoples.
- In Genesis 13:15 when God is once again promising the land of Canaan to Abraham's descendants he says "All the land you see I will give to you and your offspring forever." I wondered about the "forever" since Israel at times hasn't occupied the land. The People's Bible says the word translated "forever" is actually "for the indefinite future" and this promise is one dependant on the Israelites not turning away (Deuteronomy 30:17-18).
- Melchizedek is briefly mentioned here but Hebrews 7 goes into much more detail about him being a type of Christ figure, a priest-king.
No comments:
Post a Comment