Abraham resorts back to his old sin by offering Sarah to another man. The Whole Bible Project discusses how this was no small matter. Note the timing. Sarah was told she would have a child before the year was out and that the child would be by Abraham. What confusion would have resulted if she were married to Abimelech! If she was not pregnant already, her first child would have been by a Gentile. Abraham’s lack of faith was more than a brief stumble. He was actually putting God’s promise in jeopardy.
I see myself in Abraham. I have my pet sins that I keep committing in times of weakness. However, I know that I am better equipped to fight/resist if I spend time every day in His Word. For this reason, I am finding this Daily Bible Challenge to be a real blessing.
I am glad you enjoy it. I am learning so much from the posts and comments of others as well.
ReplyDeleteI want to use this comment to launch into some encouragement. We are one week in! I hope everyone who wants to be in the Word each day hasn't been tripped up on the goal. In case you do get behind just pick up where you left off and keep up the daily routine. I do notice a difference when I haven't heard from God for the day. I hope everyone has felt the additional closeness to God through his Word in just this one week.