Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Visualizing the Tabernacle

If you are like me you probably read through today's reading trying your best to picture things from the words described but it's still kind of tough (it's kind of like listening to a football game on the radio!). But we are blessed to be living in the age of the Internet and you can pretty much find a picture of anything you'd like. For example, go to Google and click on "Images," then type in "Tabernacle." You get a good variety of pictures of the tabernacle as well as the items kept within it. Here is one of the many images of the tabernacle that came up (it's a little hard to see). Interesting! I have to say from this the tabernacle is more elaborate than I was picturing. If any of you happen to come across great images, please do share!

2 comments:

  1. I am sure most of us have read this many times before, but each time I am struck by the astounding level of detailed instructions God gives for the construction. And I cannot help but wonder/try to picture how they made all of those very ornate items. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam...thank you for the link to the tabernacle pictures. It certainly does help to see it in a picture than trying to construct it in your mind. What struck me about the reading is that God required that the very best of all materials be used - gold, silver, bronze, the best quality in embroidered cloth, etc. These items were to be given by the people out of thankful and believing hearts. Would we ever see something like this occurring today?

    ReplyDelete