Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Monday, July 18, 2011

God's Word is Effective

Isaiah 55:10-11 is one of the most comforting sections in the Bible for Christians who share their faith with others: "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

In my experience, as much as I have done outreach with schools or churches or in my own day to day life, it's rare to really feel like someone has converted and will be saved because of you. Usually it seems like the interaction has had no effect, and that could become discouraging for us. These passages offer us the assurance that when God's Word is shared, it has an effect whether we see it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment