Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Friday, August 26, 2011

"King's Satanlike Rule"

The Daily Bible editor heads up the section of Ezekiel 28:11-19 with "King's Satanlike Rule," referring to the king of Tyre. Although I can completely see it, none of the three usual commentaries I check make this connection. Rather, they see the meaning of the section being how Tyre was so blessed that they were almost a "Garden of Eden." Tyre was so secure that, like a guardian cherub, it could guard itself and all dependent on it. However, while Tyre started out honest and fair, it later fell into materialism and became proud, and that was its downfall. "So I threw you to the earth," God says, basically meaning their fairytale existence came to an end.

1 comment:

  1. I can see how The Daily Bible connects Tyre to Satan. Pride (no longer being content to serve God) led Satan and his followers to rebel against God so he and his angels were thrown from heaven. Revelation 12

    ReplyDelete