Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Sodom and Samaria
In Ezekiel 16:53-63 Sodom represents people without God's written law, and Samaria represents people who have fallen away from the Lord. This section shows the extent of God's grace; he is promising to "restore the fortunes" of all of these who formerly rejected him but now repent. Talking to Israel God says, "Yet I will remember the covenant I made with you in the days of your youth, and I will establish an everlasting covenant with you. Then you will remember your ways and be ashamed when you receive your sisters, both those who are older than you and those who are younger. I will give them to you as daughters, but not on the basis of my covenant with you." He is saying here that outsiders from Israel will also enjoy the privileges that Israel enjoys (God's kingdom), but not based on the Old Testament covenant he made with Israel. Instead it is by the "everlasting covenant" forged by the Messiah Jesus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment