Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Sunday, August 14, 2011
"You" Is Who?
In Jeremiah 51:20-26 it's a little confusing who is being talked about when. It seems to have even affected The Daily Bible's editor, at least if the commentaries I checked are right. They say that Babylon is being referred to in verses 20-23 where God discusses his "war club" which shatters nations, not Israel as indicated in The Daily Bible's section header. In verse 24, then, where God says, "Before your eyes I will repay Babylon," the "your" here is Judah. In verse 25, then, the prophecy resumes against Babylon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment