Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Monday, November 14, 2011
Correction in Today's Lead-In
In yesterday's reading I talked about how I thought the editor's departure from the traditional Holy Week chronology was one of the biggest missteps of his overall exceedingly helpful format for reading the Bible. In today's lead-in commentary is the only doctrinal error I've found in this format of the Bible. In the second paragraph he says, "As the supper progresses, Jesus takes the bread and wine and tells his disciples to partake of them as symbols of his body and blood..." This error can be corrected by simply crossing out the words "symbols of." Jesus' actual words are "This is my body" and "This is my blood." Although we don't fully understand it, we take God's Word at face value that the bread and wine at the Lord's Supper is also truly Jesus' own body and blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment