Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Monday, November 21, 2011

Impressive Selflessness of Early Church

When I read about the early church in Acts 2:42-47 and 4:32-37 it's amazing the level of sacrifice, that they would even consider their own possessions not as their own, but as a means to serve the less fortunate. It is such a far cry from today where the attitude is more often to shore up for oneself riches that we believe will open up the door to "the good life." I actually wonder how they got by when they were selling everything they had--land and houses. They certainly had great faith! What an impression we could make for the cause of Christ by adopting this level of selfless living.

No comments:

Post a Comment