Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Monday, January 9, 2012
Abraham Needs a Savior
Reading through the life of Abraham reminds me that he was a sinner too. I tend to think of the patriarchs as superheroes and that I can not live up to their God-fearing lives. However, I am reminded that Abraham and Sarah were sinners too. God promised to bless Abraham with a son through Sarah and we see their lack of faith when Sarah gives Hagar to Abraham and the two times that Abraham introduces Sarah as his sister and not his wife because he is fearful for his life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment