Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Speaking with God's Help

Exodus 4:10-17 is always inspiring to me because, even though Moses doesn't think he has the skill to serve God as God is calling him to do, God assures him that he will be with him: "I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." Although Moses still balked and Aaron became the back-up plan, Moses' later years involve a lot of pretty polished leadership and speaking all on his own (see Deuteronomy starting at 1:1).

I want to share God's Word, but I feel like Moses or worse--not super good at starting conversations, not too smooth in expressing the great enthusiasm I have for the truth God has taught me through my faith in him. But I pray for God to keep teaching me and helping me to speak, and from this section of Scripture I know he does that for me. And you should be assured that he does it for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment