Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Angel of the LORD

"The angel of the LORD" makes multiple appearances in the Old Testament. That's why I'm surprised this topic hasn't been brought up yet, but I skimmed the topics and didn't see it. Today is a good day to bring it up, however, in order to answer the question "Who is the angel of the LORD"? It's a good day to bring it up because the text, Judges 6:11-22, answers the question by using the names "angel of the LORD," "LORD," and "angel of God" interchangeably. So the answer, obviously, is the angel of the LORD is God himself. In fact, a pastor told me (and I believe I read it somewhere as well) that it is the second person of the Trinity--Jesus before he came to earth as Jesus. How they know this I don't know exactly. Do you know?

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ask that very question, because I read that a couple of times and wasn't quite sure why the two terms were used. Was it God or an angel? Thanks for clarifying that, Adam.

    As a side note, I am really enjoying this particular Bible reading series. The daily amounts are very manageable and the explanations and the paragraph headings are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete