Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Friday, March 11, 2011
Speaking to the Whole Assembly
At the end of today's reading, it says, "There was not a word of all that Moses had commanded that Joshua did not read to the whole assembly of Israel, including the women and children, and the aliens who lived among them." Several times while reading I have found myself wondering how Joshua (and Moses) managed to read or speak to the entire assembly -- thousands and thousands of people. How did everyone hear them? They probably didn't have microphones and sound speakers back then! Maybe it was another one of the LORD's miracles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I read somewhere--I think it was the People's Bible for Deuteronomy--that there may have been people stationed at points within the crowd to listen to what Moses was saying and then shout it further down the crowd. Has anyone else heard anything about how this was possible? It does seem incredible. And that's a lot of heavy content for people to stand and listen to as well!
ReplyDelete