Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Chronology of Crossing the Jordan
The downside of a chronological Bible is where you differ with the editor about what the order of events should be. I actually find it easier to read Joshua 4:1-24 in the original order rather than how the editor tries to piece it together. I've even marked that in my Daily Bible because this section stops me every time. Another note that you might find helpful to help you understand the order of events clearly is that there were possibly two stone memorials of twelve stones set up--one in the middle of the Jordan by Joshua and one after they cross over in Gilgal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment