Yesterday I talked about the remarkable faith of Joshua. Today I am impressed by Caleb after what he says in Joshua 14:10-12: "Here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the LORD promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the LORD helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."
I can't say it better than Adolph Harstad, author of The People's Bible: Joshua: "Today, when real heroes are scarce, we should not fail to direct our children to men of faith like Caleb. His attitude is also a refreshing model for 'seniors' . . . What potential the church has if we, like Caleb, give productive retirement years to the Lord's service!"
No comments:
Post a Comment