Join The Daily Bible Challenge to read through the entire Bible in one year!
Join the Daily Bible Challenge!
Three easy steps to participate:
1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.
2. Read the daily reading.
3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).
Saturday, March 26, 2011
The Perfect Priest
Did you catch the messianic prophecy at the very end of today's reading? While Eli and his sons as priests were a disappointment to God, God let them (and all his people) know there was hope: "I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his house, and he will minister before my anointed one always." According to the Kretzmann commentary "my anointed one" apparently refers to Jesus as well. He serves as priest and king in one office.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
On a related note, as a mother, I couldn't help but marvel at Hannah. She made a vow to God, but I can only imagine how hard it must have been to keep that promise and give her very young son to Eli in service to the Lord. How heartbreaking that must have been for her and what a testament to her faith!
ReplyDelete