Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Monday, March 14, 2011

Map of the Twelve Tribes

In today's reading there is a lot of description of areas of Canaan as borders for the different tribes. It really helps to view a map. If you have a Concordia Self-Study Bible there is a great one in the back. You can also search using Google to view one online (here is one I found).

It's interesting to note how in Joshua 19:1-9 the tribe of Simeon, rather than getting their own territory, ended up scattered across cities within Judah. This was in fulfillment of Jacob's prophecy in Genesis 49:7: "I will scatter them in Jacob and disperse them in Israel" (Genesis 49:7). Jacob's prophecy was also about Levi, and they, as priests, also did not receive allotted territory but were spread across Israel.

No comments:

Post a Comment