The April 8 reading concluded "Then all the people said 'Amen' and 'Praise the LORD.'" In today's section regular worship is established, David shows incredible kindness to Saul's grandson and David receives a blessing that lets him know that even though he personally will not build the temple, his house will be blessed forever. Is this the high point of David's reign? I ask this knowing the Bathsheba debacle is right around the corner.
I'll throw another question out there. What do you feel was the low point in Israel's history to date? The incident that struck me was when the people of Benjamin were so evil that they mirrored Sodom and Gomorrah and that God almost allowed them to be wiped out.
I agree with you that this probably would be the high point of David's reign before his sin with Bathsheba and, following that, other family issues start to pile up. I think you're right, as well, about the Benjamin episode in judges being a low point so far.
ReplyDelete