Join the Daily Bible Challenge!


Three easy steps to participate:

1. Purchase The Daily Bible. The best price is online, but it is also available at local Christian bookstores. I recommend hardcover.

2. Read the daily reading.

3. Optional: Return to this site to discuss the readings (consider bookmarking this site so you can easily find it each day).

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Correction Regarding Psalm 87

I hope you agree with me that The Daily Bible is an excellent way to read through the Bible. You have to give the editor credit for this format. However once in a while there is an obvious error which I like to note with a pencil in the Bible.

In today's reading he gave Psalm 87 the header "Messiah to be born in Zion." Actually, the psalm isn't directly about the Messiah and is definitely not about his being born in Zion (you wonder where the editor was coming from since Jesus was born in Bethlehem). Instead the psalm is about how Gentiles will be saved through Jesus' work: "I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me--Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush--and will say, 'This one was born in Zion.'" In other words, the Gentiles will be counted part of the spiritual Israel, God's kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. And to finish the thought--how wonderful to be reminded that we, the Gentiles, were always a part of God's plan.

    ReplyDelete